DisplayLink announced v.8.4 is now available. Using this version of the software should work, but Targus has not validated this release with all Targus Universal Docking Stations or Targus UDS Utilities. This release has not been submitted for distribution on Windows Update for Targus Universal Docking Stations and Targus is not providing .MSI/.INF files for it.
A list of all updates in 8.4 is follows. More information can be found in the release notes.
- HDCP 1.x capability on DL-6950 IC DisplayPort outputs on Windows 10 Creators Update onwards (build 15063, v1703) with platforms (Intel 7th generation CPU + GPU) and players supporting protected content over indirect displays
- DisplayLink DL-4100 monitor rotation sensor reporting through DDC/CI protocol
- Microsoft inboxed audio class driver used from Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Windows 10 Ethernet driver DCHU compliance
- Windows 10 video driver DCH compliance
- DisplayLink DL-6950 hardware mouse cursor on Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards
- DisplayPort++ adapters now supported up to 4Kp60 on DisplayLink DL-6950 IC
- Windows 10 on Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-bit ARM SoC preview
- Other Windows 10 Anniversary/(Fall) Creators Update performance and