The DocKtors have validated the latest release version 8.2M2 (including Targus Universal Docking Station device drivers) for all DisplayLink-based Targus Universal Docking Stations on all version of Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 through Creators Update (RS2) build 14393. The software is available from targus.com and Windows Update for all Targus Universal Docking Stations. Enterprise customers may also download the corporate version INF/MSI files from Targus.com.
The new software is reported as DisplayLink® Core Software (Windows 7 and 8.1) or DisplayLink Graphics Driver 8.2.1956.0 (Windows 10) at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and in the DisplayLink task tray icon. And the individual devices show in the Device Manager as:
· Network adapters: Targus Ethernet as 8.2.1629.0
· Sound, video, and game controllers: Targus USB Audio as 8.2.1638.0
· Display adapters (Windows 10): Targus Docking Station (varies) as 8.2.1952.0
· USB Display Adapters (Windows 7): Targus Docking Station (varies) as 8.2.1956.0
Validation with Targus Universal Docking Utilities
Version 8.2M2 has been put through a full system test and is suitable for deployment to end-users. It has also been validated with all applicable Targus Utilities. However, not every Targus Utility has been validated with every Targus Universal Docking Station on every Windows platform. Please contact your Targus representative or DocKtor with questions.
– Fast firmware upgrade on all products based on DL-6950 chip
– USB audio enumeration improvements
– Windows 10 Anniversary/Creators Update performance improvements
– Windows 10 Anniversary/Creators Update reliability improvements
– External audio DAC support on DL-6950 chip
The full release notes are shown here.