All of Targus’ Universal Docking Stations work with a USB Type-C (host side) to USB Type-B (dock side) cable like these:
- J&D USB C (USB 3.1 Type C) to USB B (3.0 Type B) Cable 6.6 Feet. Thee DocKtor’s review.
Another way to use the current USB docking stations is to connect an adapter between the host USB Type-C and the host side of the dock’s USB Type-A cable like theses:
- World’s Smallest USB-C to USB-A Full Aluminum Mini Adapter, The DocKtor’s review.
- USB-C OTG Cable, ELUCTO @ High Quality USB 3.1 Type C male to USB 3.0 A Female OTG Host Cable 4 Inch. Thee DocKtor’s review.
- Qube Gadget USB Type C Female Adapter 3.1 Male to USB Type A 3.0 OTG Cable 8 Inch. Thee DocKtor’s review.
- Type-C To USB 3.0 Adapter, Kirin(TM) 10cm USB 3.1 Usb-c Usb3.1 Type C Male to USB 3.0 a Female OTG Host Cable Adapter. The DocKtor’s review.
- USB 3.1 Type C to USB-A Adapter OTG Cable, JOTO USB-C 3.1 Type-C to USB 3.0 Type A Adapter. Thee DocKtor’s review.
- Demacia Reversible Design USB 3.1 Type C Male Connector to a Female Otg Data for Tablet&mobile Phone. Thee DocKtor’s review.
You can verify the dock and its devices are connected at USB SuperSpeed in the Device Manager as shown above.
Note, the power functionality of the USB Type-C is not yet available for Targus UDS.