While the current set of Targus Universal Docking Stations are designed in a horizontal wedge shape so that the dock takes up zero desk space, The DocKtor has seen the various off-desktop mountings including Velcro used for under the desk, in-walls, floors, ceilings, etc. A large Targus customer was also using a basket of sorts to mount the docks under the desks. With this idea in mind, Targus developed and now supplies an “Under-Desk Dock Tray” p/n ACX001CUSZ @ $34.99 SRP.
The tray can be mounted in other than under the desk i.e. on a wall and:
1. Reduces desk clutter by keeping the docking station associated cables off the work surface and out of the way
2. Installs on supplied brackets to slide in/out for easy access (to the USB ports for instance)
3. Has cutouts to rout and manage cables
4. Is made of a durable polycarbonate construction
5. Installs with minimal tools