DisplayLink announced v.8.6M0 is now available. Using this version of the software should work, but Targus has not validated this release with all Targus Universal Docking Stations or Targus UDS Utilities. Targus is planning to validate this this release but it has not been submitted for distribution on Windows Update for Targus Universal Docking Stations and Targus is not yet providing .MSI/.INF files for it.
- Improved interoperability with DisplayPort monitors.
- DL-5xx0: Ethernet auto negotiation may fail to establish a link when the Ethernet cable does not have all 4 pairs present.
- DL-3xx0/DL-5xx0: A rare boot condition could show a checkerboard test screen instead of desktop content at power on.
- Improved behavior on Internet Explorer 11 not refreshing when lock/unlock Windows 7 in basic model
- DL-6950: enabled 70 Hz refresh rate for supported resolutions within max pixel clock.
- Some monitors showed blank screen when the resolution is set to 1920×1080 120Hz.
- Fix for a rare reboot of the DL-6xx0 device after a long uptime.
- HDCP 1.x on DL-6950 HDMI output on Windows 10 v1803 onwards with platforms (Intel 7th generation CPU + GPU) and players supporting protected content over indirect displays
- Alternate encoding 2nd preview (registry key switched)
- Ethernet and audio drivers will be upgraded after machine restart when upgrading from Setup.exe on Windows 7-8.1
A list of all updates in 8.6M0 is follows. More information can be found in the release notes.