DisplayLink announced v.8.4M2 is now available. Using this version of the software should work, but Targus has not validated this release with all Targus Universal Docking Stations or Targus UDS Utilities. This release has not been submitted for distribution on Windows Update for Targus Universal Docking Stations and Targus is not providing .MSI/.INF files for it. Targus will consider validation of the next planned release, v.8.5 in April 2018.
A list of all updates in 8.4M2 is follows. More information can be found in the release notes.
- Dell P2415 monitors connected to DisplayPort of DL-6xxx devices occasionally can remain blank after resume from S3 or S4. (27085)
- The DisplayLink driver can misread registry settings which would result in the driver failing to operate after an OS upgrade. This was a regression in 8.4 M0. (26882)
- 4Kp60 mode might not be available on LC-43UB30U TVs. (26859)
- Unreliable Dell M9N09 DP to VGA converter sometimes failed to offer 1920×1080 resolution. (26842)
- The default microphone level is set very low on DL-3xxx/DL-5xxx/DL-6xx0 devices. (26710)
- Pop noise can be heard when using MS Voice Recording on DL-6xx0 devices. (26709)
- Pop noise can be heard when plugging headset into a DL-6xx0 device. (26709)
- Ethernet auto negotiation could fail if only two pairs were present in the Ethernet cable on DL-3xxx/DL-5xxx/DL-6xx0 devices. (25749)
- Windows on Snapdragon support
8.4 includes the first driver for Windows on Snapdragon platforms. This release includes a display and Ethernet driver for Windows on Snapdragon (Qualcomm ARM 64-bit SoC series). Audio support is provided by the Windows inbox audio class driver.
For the best user experience, the driver will be installed through Windows update for all DisplayLink products on Windows on Snapdragon platforms.
DisplayLink support for Windows on Snapdragon is equivalent to Intel and AMD platforms, including support for dual 4Kp60 displays.
- DisplayLink DL-6950 IC hardware mouse cursor
This release enables hardware cursor support for DL-6950 based products. Hardware cursor improves the performance and lowers the latency of the mouse cursor on DisplayLink enabled screens.
- DisplayLink DL-6950 IC content protection
The DL-6950 now supports HDCP 1.x on DisplayPort outputs on Windows 10 Creators Update with Intel 7th generation CPU and GPU onwards.