DisplayLink announced v.8.3M0 is now available. Using this version of the software should work, but Targus has no plans to validate this release with Targus Universal Docking Stations or Targus UDS Utilities. This release has not been submitted for distribution on Windows Update for Targus Universal Docking Stations and Targus is not providing .MSI/.INF files for it.
This software contains the following new features:
– HDCP 1.x capability on DL-3xxx/DL-5xxx on Windows 10 Creators Update onwards (build 15063, v1703) with platforms (Intel 7th generation CPU + GPU) and players supporting protected content over indirect displays
– Windows 10 Anniversary/(Fall) Creators Update performance and reliability improvements
Issues Fixed in this 8.2M3 release:
– Compatibility issues with some DP to VGA adapters and DL-6xx0 devices.
– Compatibility issues with some monitors and DL-6xx0 devices.
– MSI may not install on some computers running Windows 10 Threshold 2
– Not defaulting on an inferred mode did not check refresh rate properly
– Advanced timing changes for UP3017 at 2560×1600
– Dynamic range handling change on DisplayPort
– DLUI GDI objects increasing
The full release notes are here.