DisplayLink announced v.8.2M0 is now available. Using this version of the software should work, but Targus has no plans to validate this version of software and drivers for use with Targus Universal Docking Stations and associated utilities. This release has not been submitted for distribution on Windows Update for Targus Universal Docking Stations and Targus is not providing .MSI files for it. This version primarily applies to the Windows 10 Creator Update(s).
This software contains the following new features:
- – Fast firmware upgrade on all products based on DL-6950 chip
- – USB audio enumeration improvements
- – Windows 10 Anniversary/Creators Update performance improvements
- – Windows 10 Anniversary/Creators Update reliability improvements
- – External audio DAC support on DL-6950 chip
- – Enabling 5K on the DL6950 chip
This software contains the following improvements and fixes:
- – Installing DisplayLink driver on Intel/NVIDIA platforms with the January 2017 NVIDIA driver might result in blue screen on Windows 7 – Windows 10 Build 10586.
- – Blank screen on some DL-4xxx devices when Digital RGB-TTL Video is configured.
- – The mouse cursor might disappear on some platforms running Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- – Some monitors connected via DP to HDMI adapters might remain blank after resume from S4.
- – Occasionally monitors connected to a DisplayLink device via HDMI cable might show corrupted screen after re-plugging the USB cable.
- – Code 10 on some USB 2.0 DVI adapters when not used through extension lead or passive USB hub. Also requires Windows 10 Creator Update.
The full release notes are here.