Targus has finished all preliminary engineering testing of the Targus MAC Address Clone Utility version 1.01.019 for Windows. It is now ready for security conscious enterprise customers to use in their environment. Please contact your Targus DockTor or Targus sales representative to learn more.
It can be downloaded for free on each of the Targus UDS product pages at http://www.targus.com . Current users can also right click on the task tray icon and select “Check for updates…” to update their current version if enabled by their IT department.
The Targus Clone MAC Address Utility is configured to work with these Microsoft operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (RS1 Build 14393). It runs as a service which automatically replaces (spoofs, clones) a MAC address of any connected Targus Giga Ethernet network adapter with the MAC address of one of the built-in (Wired Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet, Bluetooth) network adapters from a Windows PC. The Targus Clone MAC Address Utility ensures selective access to network resources restricted by MAC address filtering. This functionality seeks to further preventing unauthorized access by devices not in the sanctioned network access list which are to be screened out or otherwise would gain network access via the Targus Docking Station network adapter.
Problems the software solves
- Prevents unauthorized users from accessing the corporate network through the Gigabit Ethernet adapter on Targus Universal Docks
- Network access can be restricted based on the MAC address of authorized devices
- Cloning the MAC address on the Targus Docking Station with that of the connected PC ensures only authorized devices can connect to the network
- If the MAC address of the connected device is not on the Access Control List or Whitelist, then it will not be allowed onto the network
- Enables organizations to enforce existing security controls while still realizing productivity/efficiency gains from using Targus docking stations
This version adds support for Targus’ latest docking stations including:
ACP70, ACP71, ACP77, DOCK110, DOCK120, DOCK130, DOCK150, DOCK160, DOCK171, DOCK177, DOCK180, and DOCK410.
Tags: Media Access Control