The DocKtors have validated the latest release version 8.1M0 (including Targus Universal Docking Station device drivers) for all DisplayLink-based Targus Universal Docking Stations on all version of Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 through Redstone build 15002.
Version 8.1M0 is required for any DL6950 based Targus Universal Docking Station including models DOCK160 and DOCK177. The software is available from targus.com and Windows Update for all Targus Universal Docking Stations. Enterprise customers may also download the corporate version INF/MSI files.
The new software is reported as DisplayLink® Core Software (Windows 7 and 8.1) or DisplayLink Graphics Driver 8.1.848.0 (Windows 10) at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and in the DisplayLink task tray icon. And the individual devices show in the Device Manager as:
· Network adapters: Targus Ethernet as 8.1.734.0
· Sound, video, and game controllers: Targus USB Audio as 8.0.892.0
· USB Display adapters: Targus Docking Station as 8.1.848 (description varies by Targus model)
Validation with Targus Universal Docking Utilities
Version 8.1M0 has been put through a full system test and is suitable for deployment to end-users, and should work with Targus Utilities. However, not every Targus Utility has been validated with every Targus Universal Docking Station on every Windows platform. Please contact your Targus representative or DocKtor with questions.
– DDC/CI command pass-through support for DL-6xxx devices
– VLAN, Wake-on-LAN, and headphone privacy for DL-6xxx devices
– Ethernet MAC address pass-through
– SHA-256 driver signature hashing
– DL-41xx DDC/CI support to control brightness and contrast
– Mouse cursor smoothness improvement on Windows 10
– Microphone does not work after a DL-6xxx dock is re-powered (23934)
– Inferred mode should not be used as default resolution (21033)
– Further improvements on behavior during monitor and device disconnection
– Device branding in Windows 10 Anniversary Update Device Manager may be incorrect (23392)
The full release notes are shown here.