This release has been prepared to be compatible with Ubuntu 14.04.x LTS and 16.04 LTS. Other variants and editions may be compatible if they meet minimum O/S requirements, but are not supported.
The full release notes are shown here.
We have validated this version with Targus Universal Docking Stations (UDS).
Uninstall the current DisplayLink Ubuntu driver with the following command on a Terminal and then follow the Installation Instructions below.
sudo displaylink-installer uninstall
- Extract the .run file from the .zip file.
- Make the .run file executable by right clicking on the file and choose “Properties.”
Check the “Allow executing file as a program” box.
- Install the DKMS framework from a Terminal using the command sudo apt-get install dkms
- Execute the DisplayLink .run file using the Terminal, by cding to the directory containing the .run file and running the command sudo ./displaylink-driver-1.2.58.run (where xxxx is the version number)
- The DisplayLink software should install as shown below.
- You can now connect and may need to reconnect your DisplayLink products to the computer.